Let's put the finishing touches on the NFL Draft and its aftermath. We all know that Chris Cook was selected by the Minnesota Vikings in the second round. While Cook was the only Hoo drafted, several others have signed free agent contracts:
- Vic Hall signed a contract with the Chicago Bears -- published reports previously linked him to the Baltimore Ravens -- and he will play offense and special teams.
- Will Barker signed a contract with the Dallas Cowboys.
- Mikell Simpson signed a contract with the Cincinnati Bengals.
- Rashawn Jackson signed a contract with the Carolina Panthers.
- Nate Collins signed a contract with the New York Giants.
- Jameel Sewell was invited to the Miami Dolphins' rookie mini-camp for a tryout.
- Denzel Burrell was invited to the Cleveland Browns' rookie mini-camp for a tryout.
I'm still surprised that Collins and Jackson weren't drafted, but I expect that each of those guys will craft a decent NFL career nonetheless.
One more reason to root for the Bengals, by the way: Cedric Peerman just signed a free agent contract to play for Cincinnati, as well. Hopefully he or Simpson, or both, can make the team.